& CREATIVE WEDDING IDEAS
Great Starts AND Great Marriages
Looking for some creative wedding ideas?
Has wedding planning, wedding vows and getting married occupied a lot of your focus these days? Here are some great wedding tips to help make wedding planning easier on your emotions and your wedding budget.
Oh, by the way, if you desire more than just a great start to your marriage, this page and this site also share how to have a great marriage after you start.Creative Wedding Ideas
1. Get PVC pipe from your local hardware store and create archways for an outside wedding. Place wooden stakes on each side of center runner isle, put one end of PVC pipe over the wooden stake and bend PVC pipe across the runner isle and over the other stake. It works like a dream. Use cleaner to wipe off any print on the pipe and wrap pipe with garland and/or Christmas lights. Do this every few feet and you have a great looking archway across your center runner isle.
2. Scan pictures in black & white of bride and groom growing up and place them against a contrasting background in those little note holders that you get for floral arrangements. Place them in the centerpiece on each table.
3. Put little throw away cameras at every table and ask guests as a gift to you to take candid pictures of themselves and other guests throughout the reception. If something should happen to the photographer’s prints, they may be the only ones you have.
4. Always, always, always get a back up Videographer, even if it’s a friend with a Camcorder. Echoing the previous sentiments, if something should happen to the original video, you will be glad you had the spare. Note: Be sure to call your “backup” and remind them to charge the batteries.
5. If an outside wedding is in your wedding plans, use a runner for the ceremony isle. Be sure to tack it down so that the wind does not blow it off of center.
6. Send a list of popular attractions in your area to those who will be traveling in for your wedding. Oftentimes, people are using vacation time to come see you and may be able to stay for a few days after you have left for your honeymoon. They sure would appreciate the thoughtfulness. This is one of those creative wedding ideas we could have used.
7. Be sure to assign tasks to your bridesmaids of what you need done. Do not assume that they know what needs done or will take the initiative to jump in and do it. You will save yourself a lot of frustration and possibly a sleepless pre-wedding night by not having to do everything yourself.
8. Put someone in charge of your gifts. Those cards and gift tags fall off easily, leaving you with no idea where some of the gifts came from.
9. Do a practice run through with your hair and make up. Then take pictures of what you really like. This is going to be one of the most photographed days of your life. You will feel so much more confident if you have the exact hair and makeup you wanted. Looking at your hair in wedding pictures can be moments of, “I’m glad I did” instead of moments of, “I wish I had”.
10. Our suggestion for outdoor wedding music. Pick music with lots of trumpets and brass. The sound of trumpets in the outdoor elements adds a touch of Camelot to your wedding ceremony.
The Value Of a HOME Connection
You will find plenty of creative wedding ideas and wedding resources as you visit with us, but this site is also about creating relationships that have substance.
Because this site is dedicated to longevity in relationships and not just great beginnings, you will find some great relationship-building ideas as you search our site. You will find more than just creative wedding ideas.
After all, it is vitally important for one to prepare for a great marriage and not just a great wedding.
The second H in “The FOUR-H Formula” that this site is based on is all about helping us to build our relationships on an overwhelming passion for home and family.
I call this passion for home and family a HOME CONNECTION.
If you are not certain that the person you are dating has a home-building passion, don’t go looking for creative wedding ideas until you know for sure.
Let’s take a few moments now to look at the value that having a HOME CONNECTION brings to our relationships.
A HOME CONNECTION
Not everyone we meet has either the passion or the ability to really build a home-life.
Let’s face it; some people simply are not builders! For one reason or another, it is not in their makeup.
Before even considering creative wedding ideas we should know that relationships require commitment and depth and a heart for home building.
Make sure they have a heart for home building and then focus on creative wedding ideas and wedding planning secrets.
It has been properly stated that establishing a home takes 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration and it’s a fact that a home life requires a covenant, and covenanting will cost something every time.
Not everyone is ready or willing to pay the price.
Some will spend their whole lives chasing after fantasies and running from reality. They haven’t yet learned how to build a home. Don’t get any creative wedding ideas with this type of person.
Isn’t it ironic how the fantasy many people chase after to get away from their reality ends up having its own reality?
I spent years traveling this country as a family photographer. I’ve taken thousands of family portraits in cities all across America.
In my journeys, I’ve noticed that the family portrait business seems to be more portrait than family and that role-model relationships are fast becoming the exception rather than the rule.
Have we lost our love affair with home and family? Have we forgotten that a home with stability and love is perhaps the greatest contribution we can make to the world.
What to look for in someone you may be considering creative wedding ideas with.
* Are they uncomfortable having to deal with anything heavy?
* Is their life marked with selfishness?
* Do they have an overall appreciation for home and family?
It is the personal opinion of this author that this is an area that Hollywood has done a severe disservice to.
Marriage is constantly berated and made a mockery of. Living together arrangements are the norm on TV. Father figures are portrayed as being dumb and stupid. Parents are made out to be silly.
All this chisels away at the foundation of the home.
Make no mistake! The strength of any society is the home!
The strength of any nation is the home!
ACTION STEPS YOU CAN TAKE
1. Understand that a home with stability is perhaps the greatest gift and contribution you can make to the world. You can be considered a financial and business success story and be a miserable failure at home.
2. Seek out people with loving relationships. It has been proven that iron sharpens iron. We have a tendency to become like the people with which we associate our lives. Deliberately make a conscious effort to associate with families that are thriving. You may even pick up a few creative wedding ideas and marriage tips as you do this.
3. Learn to love the JOURNEY, not just the EVENT. Don’t wait for a relationship before you’ll be happy.
More Creative Wedding Ideas
Theme wedding planning is HOT! Let one of the most popular sites online and Melinda Barton show you how to avoid budget blowout and save thousands of dollars with creative wedding ideas for your fairytale wedding.
H. Norman Wright is perhaps one of the greatest relationship counselors of this century. Your marriage will greatly benefit from his insights. Just read the reviews many of his books receive for more information.
I can’t think of a more qualified couple to offer valuable home-building advice. Read this book and increase your marriage harmony before the wedding even begins.